I completed my Monarch several weeks back but just now got a chance to fly it a week ago (April 2013). I used a B4-4 because the surrounding field is not really big enough for a B6 or C6 engine. The winds have to be just right. Anyway, it flew straight as an arrow with perfect chute deploy. I swapped out the 18" chute it came with for the new 15". I like the 15" much better for that size rocket. It decends not too fast and not too slow.
The build was very straight forward. I have a caution area though. When joining the two body tubes together to make one long body tube, glue the adapter ring per the instructions to one body tube first. Let that set up for a few minutes. Then, before joining the second body tube, place the glue on the inside of the second body tube only. Place the glue towards the back end of the area where the adapter ring will mate. Doing this will allow for the adapter ring (already glued to the 1st body tube) to slide easily and all the way into the 2nd body tube without the chance of the glue setting up and causing the tubes to not join all the way. I state all this because I did not do what I just descibed and ended up with the 2 body tubes not fully joined together. This left a gap which I filled with some wood putty. Additionally, in my determination join the tubes together, I partially wrinkled one body tube while compressing them together. This wrinkling did not affect the rocket structure - only the appearance. After painting the rocket per the cover of the package and adding the decals, the rocket still looks pretty good. Overall, I highly recommend this kit. Just be carfull with the body tube join. (Posted on 5/4/13)